Sunday, January 3, 2010

IMM (3)

This is going to be a MEGA in my mailbox, as I sort of accidentally went on a book buying spree right before Christmas (what can I say, they were having a huge mega sale, and I didn’t pay more than $3 for a single book).  And then I also got some great books for Christmas.

Before I get down to business, though, there was a little contest going on in my blog for Heaven’s Net is Wide.  It ended the 29th, and the book has already been sent to the winner, who was. . .

Stacie from Canada

I don’t know if she has a blog or not, but a big congratulations!

In My Mailbox awesomeness is brought to you by Kristi at the Story Siren.

Books I Bought:

PC232361

    • Pretty Little Liars –Sara Shepard
    • Looking for Alaska – John Green
    • the Otherworldlies – Jennifer Ann Kogler
    • Heaven’s Net is Wide – Lian Hearn
    • Strawberry Fields – Marina Lewycka
    • the Mercy Seller – Brenda Rickman Vantrease

Books I won:

PC232362

    • Beautiful Creatures – Kami Garcia – Margaret Stohl
    • the Paper Bag Christmas – Kevin Alan Milne
    • Seven: The Number for Happiness, Love, and Success – Jacqueline Leo and Edward Burger
    • the Dresskeeper – Mary Naylus
    • Nightworld: Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, and Spellbinder – L.J. Smith

Books I was gifted:

P1032371

    • Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things – Lafcadio Hearn (my brother and his girlfriend)
    • In Ghostly Japan – Lafcadio Hearn (my brother and his girlfriend)
    • Japanese Tales – Royall Tyler (my brother and his girlfriend)
    • Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America – Firoozeh Dumas (my grandmother)
    • Norwegian Wood – Haruki Murakami (my boyfriend’s aunt and uncle and cousin)
    • Small Island – Andrea Levy (my sister)
    • Kodansha’s furigana Japanese Dictionary (my dad and his wife)
    • Insight Guides: Japan (my dad and his wife)
    • The Kodansha Learner’s Dictionary (my dad and his wife)
    • Lonely Planet Guide to Japan ((my dad and his wife)
    • Remembering the Kanji I – J.W. Heisig (my dad and his wife)
    • Vegan Fire and Spice – Robin Robertson (my aunt)

DSCN0054[1] 

I also got this awesome picture book of Japan and a cool book on essential oils from my boyfriend’s parents.  Ohhh yeah!

I’m so excited about all of the awesome books I got!!!!  As you can see from the Beautiful Creatures picture, I also received some AWESOME bookmarks thanks to Alyssa, Gregory, and Jake over at Teens Read and Write.  Mega thanks to them!

And that’s all for this week, folks!  Looking forward to seeing what you all got!

15 comments:

Simcha said...

Wow, I'm feeling some major book envy here. Are you planning on going to Japan soon? Just wondering about the tour book and Japanese dictionary.

Emily said...

Wow - what a great bunch of books you got there :)
Happy Reading!

Lauren said...

Now that is one fierce IMM! I really loved Looking For Alaska, and the Pretty Little Liars series is strangely addictive. Lots of cool Japan stuff too! I've had no new books this week, so now I have major book envy!!

Simply Stacie said...

Yay! Thank you!!

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Adentful week for you

Esme said...

Have you read the Private Papers of Eastern Jewel.

Kirthi said...

That's a LOT of books! I'm jealous! :D I'd love to read reviews on them!

ninefly said...

wow, so many books on japan! are you learning japanese? I didn't even know there was a furigana dictionary lol Oo;

Monster of Books said...

That is a long IMM post, but it was great!! Happy Reading!!!

Haha I'm having a Japanese girl stay at my house for a year as a exchange student. I'm learning Japanese right now. Cool books :)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Accidently went on a book buying spree? I've got to remember to use this as an excuse. Somebody is certainly going to be busy reading for many weeks to come - well done on all your purchases and wins.

Unknown said...

Wow, what an amazing number of books. I wouldn't know where to start. I hope you enjoy The Dresskeeper. It is such a fun book!

YA Book Queen said...

Lots of books!! I hope you enjoy each and every one! :)

Josette said...

Hey, Happy New Year to you! And very nice books you've got there. I'm sure you can't wait to get started on them. :D Oooh, I love the cover of Beautiful Creatures. Hope the story in it is just as nice!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I LOVE my new Teens Read and Write bookmark. I've been carrying it everywhere :)

Alyssa Kirk said...

Wow you have a load of wonderful books. Have fun!

So glad you (and Juju) like the bookmarks and thanks for putting it in the picture!

Happy New Year! and Good Luck with the Japanese.

My Contests

None for now!