Wednesday, November 25, 2009

NaNoWriMo and New Moon and doing the update kind of thing. . .

First, I'd like to start with a small apology about my lack of commenting lately. I've been participating in NaNoWriMo this month, and I find that it's taking a lot out of me. When I'm done writing, I just don't want to be at the computer anymore. Hopefully I'll be back to my commenting self in December, but in the mean time, I'll do my best.

And speaking of NaNoWriMo, I can't believe I haven't yet written a single thing about it. Last year, when I wasn't book blogging, I updated at least bi-weekly with a NaNoWriMo status. I guess I'm just not as excited about it this year. I started off with a great story in mind, and somehow that has turned into the non-fiction story of me. Yes, that's right - I'm writing an autobiography. I didn't mean for it to turn out this way, and I'm just not that excited about it. Especially since I had to interrupt my other WIP for it. And I am SUPER excited about my other WIP. I love my story and my characters and the dialogue and everything, and this is the first time that's ever happened.
In any case, if you're not my writing buddy yet, click on the link in my left sidebar to become my writing buddy!

Other than NaNoWriMo, I went to see New Moon again, and I made a few observations that I would like to share with you. Even though I've read a lot of other bloggers complaining that they are tired of hearing about it. You can see my original review here.
First, I watched Twilight before hand, for maybe the 18th time, and I noticed for the first time that Edward gets to be an angel for part of it. When they are sitting in the biology classroom at the beginning, there is one point where a stuffed owl/bird thing is aligned perfectly behind him so that it looks like he has wings. It was super cool.
Now, post-Twilight New Moon observations:
1)Charlie is hilarious and wonderful, and I am so glad they made him an integral part of the movies.
2)Kristen Stewart, while still regularly flitting her eyes and breathing far too heavily, quite probably got acting lessons. She is not as horrible, but she is still HORRIBLE.
3)When she is not looking high or cross-eyed, Kristen Stewart is actually quite beautiful.
4)Edward, while never a great actor, somehow got even worse. And I am very upset with whoever decided he should be mister perfectly gorgeously hot Edward. Because perfectly gorgeously hot he is not. I decided that the guy who plays Emmett should have played Edward.
5)Bella and Edward have no chemistry, and when they kiss, I feel like gagging. Bella and Jacob have so much chemistry that I just want to jump through the screen and make them kiss. Even in Twilight. Like when they were walking on the beach together. HOT! (See picture - I ADORE the jacket Bella is wearing in that picture)
6)Bella is already so pale that I have NO clue how they can make her paler when she will be a vampire.
7)Edward is going to have to mega buff up if he wants to look like the Edward vampire described in Eclipse. He should learn from Taylor Lautner and go to the gym.

Okay, I guess that's it on the New Moon front. But, um, how incredibly creeptastic is the story about the mom who asked him to sign the Team Jacob panties THAT SHE WAS WEARING. And right in front of her teenaged daughter, en plus. See the story here. It makes me feel less creepy about finding him hot.

This post is getting long, but before I go: SOME BOOK NEWS!
I've been really sick lately and going NaNoWriMo crazy, like I said, so I unfortunately haven't been reading much lately. :-( I am therefore probably be going to posting some mini reviews throughout the next couple weeks of books that I read a while ago. I hope you'll enjoy!

Remember: commenting on this post gets you 1 entry into my Super Mega Radical Contest

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am with you on the lack of commenting due to NaNo. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I am so looking forward to next week and being finished. It is amazing how the NaNo story has taken on a life of it's own. Mine hasn't turned into an autobiography but certainly the plot has surprised me in lots of ways. I hope I keep with it because it will need many more words than 50000 to be complete.

Lots of luck for the final few days. If I can work out how the buddy thing works, you'll see me as one of yours soon.

Tales of Whimsy said...

*high five* I agree on 1, 2, & 5!

Alyce said...

I'm just impressed that you are participating in NaNo - I find the idea of writing that much in one month completely intimidating.

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Hahahaha! I totally agree with you!!!

Rhiannon Hart said...

Good to hear you're writing, even though it's morphed from fiction to non-fiction. Plus, I hope I didn't offend you with my comments about a certain book. I get zealous. And snarky ;)

Anonymous said...

Originally Kellan Lutz (Emmett) was supposed to play Edward, but then he dropped out because he hated Edward's character. And I think Robert Pattinson is gross too :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen New Moon yet. Can you believe that? I'm going on Tuesday and I cannot wait! I bought the New Moon movie companion but I won't let myself look at it until I watch the movie first. Then I'm going to devour it!

So cool that you're doing NaNo!

Twilight the book fan said...

You're right! Kristen Stewart sometimes looks like she's high. And when they kiss Edward looks like he tastes a really sour lemon. I know it's supposed to look like it's hard for him, but he didn't have to overdo it that much.

My Contests

None for now!