Monday, November 30, 2009

WINNERS and I'm a bad blogger

So, I've been a bad blogger and a bad commenter lately. I've been doing my best for the month of November, but with NaNoWriMo and applying for schools in Japan and applying for student visas in Japan and applying for permanent residency in Quebec, not to mention Thanksgiving and all of the other bagazillion things going on in November, I just haven't had time.
I haven't been reading nearly as much as I'd like, and I haven't had time to think of things to post about aside from reviews. And I haven't had much time for commenting, either - although last night I went a bit comment crazy instead of finishing my NaNoWriMo book. I did manage to finish the 50,0000 words this morning, but it's unfortunately looking like I'll need quite a few more words to finish the book. I just hope I can keep the NaNoWriMo motivation rolling until the end.
You might have noticed that I even skipped French Friday and Sunday's Stars this week. I HAVE NO TIME!
So I apologize.
I can't promise that December will be better, as it's looking fairly hectic as well, but January definitely will be. In the meantime, I'll keep doing my best.

Also in the meantime, I've got some contest winners to announce! YAY!!!! I used The Contest Winner Picker for both of these.





The winner for a signed copy of "Deer & Other Stories" by Susan Tepper is. . .

AIK


I really hope you'll enjoy this little book of short stories. I thought it was just beautiful. :-) Aik, I have sent you an e-mail. You have 48 hours to contact me.

Now, if you'll remember, I also said that, as soon as I reached 150 followers, Evermore and the City & the Stars would come into play in my Super Mega Radical 100 Followers Contest. That happened a little while ago, but I've just had time to pick the winner now.

So, the winner of either Evermore or The City and the Stars is. . .

wildflower00


Wildflower00, you did not leave me an e-mail address. You have 72 hours to contact me (until Friday morning when I wake up). I don't want to haev to give the book to someone else. I have a surprise option I would like to give you, so please just shoot me an e-mail at zedster.tbb(at)gmail(DOT)com to let me know who you are.

If you didn't win, don't worry! You can still enter my giveaway of 7th Heaven by James Patterson.

And there are still tons of books up for grabs in my Super Mega Radical 100 Followers Contest. So what are you waiting for? Go enter now!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on completing NaNo!

Aik said...

Thank you so much! :D

Zombie Girrrl said...

Ooh, NaNo! I've always wanted to do that, but I'm not cut out for that type of writing- you know, with deadlines and stuff... ;)
Don't expect to see anything published under my name. Ever. XD

Esme said...

Do you have a photo of your cat-I take it you are not Canadian-where in Quebec do you want to live-I lived in Montreal years ago.

Blodeuedd said...

Congrats :D

Seems you have been busy, had to blog then

Alyce said...

I think it's hard for everyone to find time to post, visit and comment this time of year, and it sounds like you have an extraordinary amount of extra stuff going on too. Congrats on hitting 50,000 words!

Ariane said...

Yay permanent residency for QUEBEC!!!!You are planning on coming back?

Mandy said...

Congrats on finishing NaNoWriMo

Voidwalker said...

Gratz to the winners. And Congrats to you for finishing LoNgO-AcRoNyM-NaNoWriMo

wildflower00 said...

I won!! yeah!!! and its my birthday today! :)

I sent you an email in case you dont get it my email address is texasgirl (at) rocketmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the winners. It looks like they won some pretty great books.

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Wow, busy! Life happens, so it's definitely understandable. And go, go, go! If you've gotten to 50,000 words already, that's incredible, and you definitely shouldn't give up now. :)

And congrats to the winners!

Heather G. said...

Good luck on getting everything going! My hubby spent a few years in Japan long before we were married and he just loves the people, culture, and language! I really want to visit one day!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Congrats to the winners!!!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Isn't it awful when life gets in the way of blogging. Seriously though, I wish you well with all that is happening in your life at the moment.

Congratulations to those winners.

Alyssa Kirk said...

Congrats to the winners!

We all do our best with keeping up and we appreciate your efforts so don't apologize.

Best of luck for all that is going on in your life. Talk about a full plate!

I'm happy to see you getting so many new followers. Congrats and Happy Holidays!

Wicked Walker said...

congats winners!

btw, i nominated your wonderful blog for an award, check it out: http://wickedwalker.blogspot.com/2009/11/over-top-award.html

My Contests

None for now!