Friday, October 8, 2010

Nihon No Kinyoubi (13)


Nihon no Kinyoubi (Japanese Friday) is a weekly feature here at Brizmus Blogs Books inspired by French Friday, which is a weekly feature hosted by Charlotte at the Book on the Hill. Charlotte features French bookish things, and I plan on featuring Japanese bookish things, though I won't limit myself if I find something non-bookish that I think will interest you guys.

This week's post will be short, as the day has been EXHAUSTING, and I am in need of SLEEP! Thought you guys might be interested to see what the number one seller in literature on Amazon is this week.


It's a book that, oddly enough, I've been seeing around a lot lately., THe title, in Japanese, is pronounced "moshi koukouyakyuu no joshi maneejaa ga dorakkaa no 'manejimento' wo yondara 'tankoubon'," which translates loosely and with my limited Japanese to something like "If you read Drucker's high school baseball girl manager's special management book."
I'm obviously missing something, and yet, I feel inspired to read this.

Until next week. . .

4 comments:

Nina said...

That's so weird! :) Off to bed you. :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

LOL
I love that you still want to read it :)

Unknown said...

I was intrigued by this! :-) Went off in search of more info. This blogger has translated the first chapter: http://eugenewoodbury.blogspot.com/2010/03/baseball-according-to-drucker-1.html

Tom Williams said...

Actually a more accurate translation would be "What if the female manager of the high school baseball team read "Drucker's Management"?"

The bottom text says "A young adult novel about a new manager and the members of a baseball team reading Drucker ('s novels) and setting their site on Koshien*"

Drucker refers to Peter Drucker, who worked as a management consultant and wrote several books. He's apparently pretty popular in Japan.

*Koshien is where the Japanese high school baseball national tournament is held.

My Contests

None for now!