Friday, May 14, 2010

Japanese Friday (1)

I've decided to start a feature here at Brizmus Blogs Books inspired by French Friday, whiche is a weekly feature hosted by Charlotte at the Book on the Hill. Now that I'm in Japan, I thought it would be fun to do the Japanese version of this. I haven't asked Charlotte if it's okay, but I vaguely remember her mentioning a while back that I should, so I don't think she'll mind (Charlotte! Please tell me if you do!)

Anyhow, for now it will be called Japanese Friday (it's a pity Japanese doesn't also start with an F!), but I'm going to try to think of something more catchy. Maybe Nihon no Kinyoubi, which is Japanese Friday in Japanese. Basically, I'll write about Japanese things. Most will be book related, but I've decided not to limit myself to just books, but other things you guys might find interesting as well.

To start with, I thought I'd share with you guys the Japanese covers of the Twilight books. They're really quite interesting.





It's like the same cover, but not. I quite like the font that they chose for the Japanese writing.
I also like how they have the front and the back looking so nicely together. It is practically BEGGING you to buy two of the book, the way it just fits together like that.

I would show you all the rest of the covers as well, but it's just more of the same cover separated in two like that, with the same font. And I'm sure we've ALL seen the American and the British covers.

I for some reason actually find this more appealing than the American covers.

Anyhow, I'm hoping I'll be able to come up with lots of fun ideas for this feature! If there are things you'd like to see, please don't hesitate to let me know!

7 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooo cool. I like how they placed the hands coming from the top of the page.

Charlotte said...

Yay ! Go Japanese Fridays ! I agree with you that it would be perfect if Japanese was Fapanese, but it would sound weird, wouldn't it ? ;) I love the translation of the tile in Japanese, it would be really cool !

Anyway, of course I totally approve ! I couldn't wait for it to start. :)

vvb32 reads said...

this does look cool. ooo, i look forward to this feature with the japanese version covers.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Japanese Friday - what a great idea, I look forward to reading more.

I agree with you about the book cover, it's the way they've done the letter 't' that I find so appealing.

Unknown said...

Hey! Great idea :-) I love Japan too...just got back from a 3 week holiday there :-) Are you holidaying or working in Japan?

Kelly said...

Ooo what a great cover! :)

There's also an award for you at my blog :)

Heather Zundel said...

I'm not sure if my last post went through. I'll have to check back later.

My Contests

None for now!