Monday, December 7, 2009

Rainbow Connection Challenge



I thought the button for this challenge was just so beautiful that I had to participate. I wish my hair looked like that. Anyhow, the Rainbow Connection Challenge is being hosted over at Books, Books, the magical Fruit. You can go with a Single Rainbow or a Double Rainbow, and the challenge lasts from January 1, 2010 to June 30, 2010. I'll be going with a Single Rainbow.

Single Rainbow (reading 7 books) by either Author (first or last name) or Title for every color Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet books. I'll be adding books as I think of them.

Red -
Orange -
Yellow -
Green -
Blue -
Indigo -
Violet - Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves

If you can think of any awesome books for the other colors, please let me know!

6 comments:

Jo said...

I haven't read it myself, but Joanna Kenrick wrote a book called Red Tears. I read Screwed by her, and it was AMAZING! I can't wait to Red Tears myself!
Blue Moon by Alyson Noel - though it is the sequel to Evermore, so it will depend on whether or not you've read the first book.

Hope they help!

Tales of Whimsy said...

That would be sweet hair!

vvb32 reads said...

pretty! if you're interested, i can send you A Yellow Raft in Blue Water is a novel written by Michael Dorris and published in 1987. it's a good one. let me know.

Misty said...

What a neat idea. And the button IS beautiful. Um, I can think of:

Seeing Redd (looking glass wars sequel)

Blue Noon (the Noel one Jo mentioned, or the Scott Westerfeld one, part of The Midnighters)

anything by John Green

A Clockwork Orange

I think that's all I got. I might have to do this, this is clever. Good luck!

Alessandra said...

Very pretty button! Titles that come to mind at the moment:

- The Fortunes of Indigo Skye by Deb Caletti (haven't read it, but they tell me it's good)

-The Yellow Wallpaper (and other stories), a short story collection by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. Haven't read this one either, but it's considered a "classic" of women's fiction.

Alessandra said...

Sorry, I forgot to add another two:

-White Oleander by Janet Fitch (I liked this one, but found it a bit too long)

-White Tiger by Aravind Ariga (haven't read it either. I'm told that it won the Man Booker Prize and it's about a taxi driver in modern India... that's about all I know about this book).

My Contests

None for now!