Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Break Reading Activity #1

As I mentioned yesterday, I've decided to participate in the Holiday Break Reading Challenge. Occasionally throughout, there will be mini activites with prizes to be won! This is the first of those mini activities!! My entry is down below the directions.

CREATE YOUR DEBUT YA COVER

1 – Go to “Fake Name Generator” or clickhttp://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

The name that appears is your author name.

2 – Go to “Random Word Generator” or clickhttp://www.websitestyle.com/parser/randomword.shtml

The word listed under “Random Verb” is your title.

3 – Go to “FlickrCC” or click http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php

Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person is your cover.

4 – Use Picnik or similar to put it all together. Be sure to crop and/or zoom in.

5 – Post it to your site and Write a SHORT synopsis of what your book could be about based on your cover.

Author: Shirley G. Copeland

Title: Suck

What this baby's all about: Gerald has a problem. A big problem. He has a foot fetish. But when he meets Daniella, who can't stand to have her feet touched, he knows that something has to change. She is the girl of his dreams, but she won't even let him look at her feet. She won't even paint her toe nails for him. When he's with her, he lives the innocent life and tells her he's gotten over it. Little does she know, on weekends he has secretly started working in a shoe store, where, in exchange for free shoes, he entices his customers into letting him give them foot massages and suck their beautifully manicured and painted toes. What will Gerald do if Daniella finds out?

N.B. I realize my cover's a bit wide for a novel; I couldn't seem to get the sides to cut off.
I also realize that with a title like suck I could have totally gone with vampire novel, but the picture I ended up with just seemed so foot fetishy! :-)

7 comments:

Kirthi said...

Haha! It sounds like so much fun! I'll fit this in somewhere in my schedule! Thanks for sharing :)

Kathy Martin said...

I laughed out loud when I read your summary. This one wouldn't make it into my HS Media Center. But it sounds like it could be a fun read. Good job!

Anonymous said...

This one wouldn't make it into my library either. HA HA. Thanks for participating in Activity #1.

Kristen said...

That pic is so creepy... lol. :)

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD. That is hilrious!!!

Charlotte said...

OMG, this picture freaks me out ! Love your synopsis ! I've done this cover generator a few times, always makes me laugh ! You made me want to do another one !

Rhiannon Hart said...

That cover is creepy as! You should totally write that book.

My Contests

None for now!