Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

I haven't done Waiting on Wednesday in AGES!, and I'm really not planning on making it a regular feature. But Wednesdays when there is a book that I am SUPER excited about, I will participate. So, logistics.
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.



Basically, I pick a book I'm excited about that's coming out sometime soon.

This week, I'm SUPER excited about


My Name Is Memory by Anne Brashares

Publication Date: June, 2010
Publisher: Riverhead Books
Summary: Daniel has spent centuries falling in love with the same girl. Life after life, crossing continents and dynasties, he and Sophia (despite her changing name and form) have been drawn together-and he remembers it all. Daniel has "the memory", the ability to recall past lives and recognize souls of those he's previously known. It is a gift and a curse. For all the times that he and Sophia have been drawn together throughout history, they have also been torn painfully, fatally, apart. A love always too short.

Interwoven through Sophia and Daniel's unfolding present day relationship are glimpses of their expansive history together. From 552 Asia Minor to 1918 England and 1972 Virginia, the two souls share a long and sometimes torturous path of seeking each other time and time again. But just when young Sophia (now "Lucy" in the present) finally begins to awaken to the secret of their shared past, to understand the true reason for the strength of their attraction, the mysterious force that has always torn them apart reappears. Ultimately, they must come to understand what stands in the way of their love if they are ever to spend a lifetime together.

A magical, suspenseful, heartbreaking story of true love, My Name is Memory proves the power and endurance of a union that was meant to be.


I love Anne Brashares, and this one looks EXTRA fantastic!

12 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Fascinating!

Here is my WOW :)

Nina said...

Wow, it sounds so beautiful. I mean if they find eachother what then? I want to know. :)
Great pick!

Bookish in a Box said...

I'm super excited about this too! Not only does it sound *amazing*, it'll be a nice change from the other fantasy/paranormal on the market.

Simcha said...

This book strongly reminds me of an episode of Blood Ties (which could be based on one of the Tanya Huff books in the series, though I didn't read the whole series so I wouldn't know) in which a teenage boy is looking for his soulmate, a girl with whom he has been falling in love with repeatedly in every generations, but each time they end up dying tragically, only to be reborn and fall in love again. This was one of my favorite episodes of this show and sounds very similar to this book you mention.

AnAddictedBookReader said...

Ooh sound so good! I love the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, so this has to be just as great : )

Belle said...

This sounds good! I hadn't heard of it until I read your post - now I'll be watching out for it!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Wow, the cover is beautiful, and this one definitely sounds like an intense story of those circles of love (lol, not exactly sure what to call them. love reincarnations?). I'll definitely be looking forward to your thoughts and what sets this book apart (or perhaps doesn't), and great choice! :)

Pixie said...

Love the cover, and the storyline sounds a little like another series I am reading. I will have to add this to my list.

Cecelia said...

I like the *idea* of it...I guess I'm not sure that Brashares can pull it off. I'll have to see! Nice pick (and that cover = fabulous!).

Thanks for coming by my blog for WOW today. :)

Girl on a Mission said...

I've never heard of this one but it sounds pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Violet said...

This sounds like a sweeping romance! Awesome! The summary reminds me a little of Shelena Shorts' The Pace (in which Wes and Sophie meet, fall in love, and lose each other three generations in a row). Great pick! :)

My WoW this week is Sea by Heidi R. Kling

loreleimarsh said...

Wow, she writes such good stuff. Thanks for the heads up!

My Contests

None for now!