Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Things I Love As Much As Books (3)

So, I think it's a given that I love to read. Don't we all?
The thing is, though, there are a TON of other things in my life that I love just as much as reading. Sure, most of these things aren't as constant as reading, but they count just as much in my life when I'm loving them.
SO, I decided to start this weekly feature in which I write a short post about something in my life that I am loving just as much as reading!

Cooking dinner tonight, I burnt my finger, and there is now a huge, sweltering blister throbbing painfully right on the edge of it. This is making typing extraordinarily painful. That is something I do not love.

Before we get to what I love, at the suggestion of Jessica from Park Benches and Bookends, a blog I love, I am thinking of turning this weekly feature into a meme.
What do you guys think? Would anyone participate?

Now, this week, I have been mega rocking out to one of the awesomest TV shows I have seen in a long time. It's fun, it's fresh, it's unique, it's emotional, it will make you cry, it will make you laugh, and it is oh so totally absolutely worth watching (though make sure you have time, because it is so addictive that you will most likely feel the need to watch all of the episodes you've missed at once).

What is it?



Life Unexpected. If you haven't heard of it, it's time to change that. The second season premiere is on the CW on September 14 at 9/8 central.

To be honest, I feel like the CW has been going downhill lately. . .they canceled Privileged, which I totally loved, and then they canceled the Beautiful Life, which I was also loving, 3 episodes in. And then they've been taking on all these shows that don't interest me at all.
The only reason I decided to check this one out is because Sherri Appleby is in it, and I ADORED her in Roswell
Because it's SO awesome that, when there was a possibility that it wouldn't be taken on for a second season, I nearly cried.

So, if you haven't seen it yet, be sure to tune in for the season premiere. I KNOW you will love it, and I want to make sure this show gets the ratings it needs to be guaranteed a third season!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Life Unexpected! It has an old WBish feel to it. No vampires or werewolves or supernaturals. Just day-to-day life. It's a nice change and completely adorable.

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

It does sound pretty darn good.

ExtremeReader said...

I will have to check that series out! And yes, I would participate in this if you made it a weekly meme!!

Sara said...

Haven't had the chance to watch this show yet..but I really want to! I had no idea Sherri was in it, she looks exactly like she did in Roswell!

YA Book Queen said...

Is the show really that great? I'll definitely have to see if I can borrow the first season from someone or something :)

My Contests

None for now!