Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Things I Love As Much As Books (2)

So, I think it's a given that I love to read. Don't we all?
The thing is, though, there are a TON of other things in my life that I love just as much as reading. Sure, most of these things aren't as constant as reading, but they count just as much in my life when I'm loving them.
SO, I decided to start this weekly feature in which I write a short post about something in my life that I am loving just as much as reading!

As much as I do love things that aren't books, this week I really feel the need to write about something I love that IS book related.
And that thing is a book character, Ramona Quimby.
Growing up, I absolutely ADORED Beverly Cleary, and the Ramona and Beezus books were some of my favorite books. And then there was the TV show, which I also recall adoring.
It was impossible not to fall in love with Ramona and her spirited, curious, engaging, troublemaking personality. She reminded me of the person I would have liked to be. And sometimes of the person I was.



One of the reasons that Ramona (and Beezus, of course) is so awesome is that every child can relate to the things she does and the situations into which she gets herself. And then, as an adult, I can still relate to her in a childish, wondrous way.

You've really just got to love Ramona. Which is why I am SO psyched about the upcoming movie!!!!




I'm also a Selena Gomez fan, so I have to say I'm psyched! Doesn't it look like it's going to be amazing?
I'm thinking I might have to pick up all the old Ramona books and give them a read before seeing the movie! Yay!

3 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I saw this. I absolutely can't wait for it. That young actress seems absolutely adorable.

YA Book Queen said...

I'm pretty excited to see this one too!

Jessica said...

Ive never heard of this!

This is such a good idea for a weekly article btw it would make a good meme ;)

My Contests

None for now!