Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Reading List 2009

So, a little while ago, I decided to make a list of all of the books that I want to read this summer during all of my free time.
I started the list, and before I was even CLOSE to done, I realized that there was NO POSSIBLE WAY that I would ever get around to reading all of these books this summer. There are just too frickin' many. :-( ::sadness:: In any case, I figured I would stop there as opposed to continuing on and just making the list even more impossible to finish. This is what I came up with (and thus what you potentially have to look forward to in this blog's future):

(N.B. I'm going to keep coming back and striking out the books that I finish)

Books I Have
The Bartimaeus Trilogy: the Golem's Eye - Jonathan Stroud
The Bartimaeus Trilogy: Ptolemy's Gate - Jonathan Stroud
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz
Samurai William - Giles Milton
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You - Ally Carter
The Tale of Murasaki - Liza Dalby
Le vieil homme et la guerre - John Scalzi
Dreaming Water - Gail Tsukiyama
Nous Les Dieux - Bernard Werber
We - Zevgeny Zamyatin
Planet of Adventure - Jack Vance
the Seven Towers - Patricia Wrede
Bad Kitty - Michelle Jaffe
Blood Engines - T.A. Pratt
His Majesty's Dragon - Naomi Novik
Assassin's Apprentice - Robin Hobb
Elric: The Stealer of Souls - Michael Moorcock
the Merchant of Death - D.J. McHale
Red Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Foundation - Isaac Assimov (this will be a reread)
Et Apres. . . - Guillaume Musso

Books my sister (hopefully) has
Being Nikki - Meg Cabot
Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella
My Sister's Keeper - Jodie Piccoult
Good Grief - Lolly Winston
Sundays at Tiffany's - James Patterson

Books I Will Have to Find Elsewhere
House of Night: Untamed - P.C and Kristin Cast
Dedication - Emma McLaughlin and Nicolas Kraus
(because I loved the Nanny Diaries!)
Vampire Academy, Books 1 and 2 - Richelle Mead
Ink Exchange - Melissa Marr
Vampire Diaries - L.J. Smith
(all of them, because the show is coming out next season!)

Winter Girls - Laurie Halse Anderson
Midnighters #1: the Secret Hour - Scott Westerfeld
Extras - Scott Westerfeld
(I loved all the Uglies books, and I don't know how I haven't read this yet)
Vampire Kisses - Ellen Schreiber
American Wife - Curtis Sittenfeld
(I do love me some Curtis Sittenfeld. I just recently learned that it's a woman, not a man, and suddenly everything started to make sense. :-) )
Ghost Girl - Tonya Hurley
Anathem - Neal Stephenson
In the Courts of the Sun - Brian D'Amato
City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
(yes, I'm finally going to start the Mortal Instruments books!)
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet - Jamie Ford
the Book Thief - Marcus Zusak
Shanghai Girls - Lisa See

1 comment:

Ms Baker said...

good news...now that you are unemployed like me your summer never has to end!

My Contests

None for now!