Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Library

So, I am home in Louisiana now, and yesterday I did something that I haven't done in AGES: I went to the library!!!!

One of the many reasons that I haven't done this in ages is that I haven't lived in the United States in the past 5 years, so it hasn't really been easy. But also, I find that if I love a book, I just want to own it.

The fact is, though, that now I am broke. And I no longer have the monetary luxury of buying all of the books that I want to read. So I went to the library, got a library card, and checked out three books. It's a start. I got "Ink Exchange," by Melissa Marr, which is on my summer reading list. I also got "Fever 1793" by Laurie Halse Anderson and "Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging," which are not on my summer reading list.

I really liked Wicked Lovely, so I am excited about Ink Exchange, and really, I've just been wanting to read anything by Laurie Halse Anderson, so Fever will do.

But seriously, if I keep this up, reading books that absolutely are NOT on my summer reading list (right now, for example, I am reading A Long Way Gone, which is absolutely NOT on my list), there is absolutely NO WAY that I am ever going to get the list finished.

I guess what's most important, though, is good reading - am I right? :-)

So anyhow, the library experience was a good one, and even if the library was severely lacking in book choice, they did have some pretty awesome ones. It's also comfortable there - I like the library. And I guess I'm kind of sad that in three weeks I go back to France, where the libraries are less than comfortable and there are next to no books that I want to read. And where the book stores are MAD expensive. Lucky for me, I have my kindle! Thank you, Dad!

And that's all.

No comments:

My Contests

None for now!