Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bad Kitty


Title:Bad Kitty

Author:Michelle Jaffe

Rating:

Who Should Read It?If you're interested in quirky YA mysteries, this book might be for you. Even if you like YA novels in general, I think you might actually have to be a teen to really love this book.

What I Have To Say:Okay, so I didn't love this book. The characters had too many weird quirks, and, while I am totally into unbelievable characters (hey, if I read a book like this, it's not to read about reality), but these characters were just annoyingly unbelieveable. And sometimes I wanted to hurt them.
That's not to say that I didn't like the book, though. The story was fun and interesting (and totally predictable, which, again, is totally a-okay with me) with plot twists galore.
The beginning of the book was quite fun, but towards the end, it lagged a bit, and, while I wanted to know if what I thought was going to happen would actually happen (it did), I was ready for it to be over.
At the same time, I did like it enough that I'm thinking about reading Jas Callihan's next adventure.

Summary:Jasmine Callihan, her father, and stepmother are vacationing in Las Vegas at the posh Venetian Hotel. All the 17-year-old really wants to do is sunbathe by the pool, write in her journal, and attempt to be a Model Hallmark Card daughter, all the while avoiding her perfect cousin Alyson and her Evil Hench Twin, Veronique. Her plans go awry, however, when a small boy and his cat make Jas a central character in a murder investigation. Soon Jass best friends come from LA to join her adventure and all attempt to solve the murder of Len Phillips, business manager of world-famous photographer Red Early.

No comments:

My Contests

None for now!