Title: The Basic Book of Digital Photography: How to Shoot, Enhance, and Share Your Digital Pictures
Authors: Tom and Michele Grimm
Who Should Read It? Anyone looking to spice up their digital camera life a bit. See some tips in my last post if you really want an idea of whether or not this book is for you. Or read my review below!
What I Have to Say: What a cool book! I was so excited to receive this book for review because, as hard as I try, I'm really just a terrible photographer. I'm hoping that, with all of the fantastic tips I've read in this book, all that's about to change. I think this review is best done with tabs!
- It was very well-organized, meaning that it was incredibly easy to find anything specific one might be looking for.
- It has lots of helpful illustrations that complement the ideas being written about. It's just a pity more of them couldn't have been in color.
- It's got tips and ideas for everyone, from the immediate beginner (seriously, even for those that may not even know how to turn on a camera) to the more advanced photographer just looking for a new way of thinking about something.
- I think it's a fantastic gift idea for those who love taking pictures or even for someone starting off with a digital camera.
- It's even great for someone thinking about purchasing a digital camera, as it starts off with some great buying strategies.
- Literally every single thing I could think to look up I found in this all-inclusive book.
- At the end of the book, there was a glossary of digital photography terms with clear, concise definitions of next to every possible word one might have trouble with.
- This book serves as a great reference guide. I know I for one will be happy to have it around.
- My two biggest complaints were the lack of color photos (which I understood, as I know they can get VERY expensive) and that it sometimes felt a little bit TOO elementary.
So there you have it. I, for one, thought this book was fantab! My night time photographs have already improved thanks to one small tip from this book.
Summary: The ultimate, up-to-the-minute digital photography handbook-from the authors of the bestselling Basic Book of Photography.
The Basic Book of Digital Photography is the definitive guide to the expansive world of digital photography from two of the field's most established authorities. The Grimms' classic guide, The Basic Book of Photography, has sold over 400,000 copies since the first edition was published in 1974. Now they are steering photographers through the new era of digital imaging.
This comprehensive handbook covers how to compose the best shots with cameras from point-and-shoot to the increasingly popular SLR (single lens reflex) models-and even cell phone cameras- and takes readers through the steps to improve, display, and preserve their images. The guide includes over 400 photos and illustrations, an extensive glossary and addresses everything from choosing a digital camera to storing files and printing photos. An indispensable accessory for amateur shutterbugs or dedicated professionals, this is the one handbook no digital photographer will want to do without.
Disclosure: This book was sent to me by Julie of FSB media in order for me to give an honest review.