This is going to be a MEGA in my mailbox, as I sort of accidentally went on a book buying spree right before Christmas (what can I say, they were having a huge mega sale, and I didn’t pay more than $3 for a single book). And then I also got some great books for Christmas.
Before I get down to business, though, there was a little contest going on in my blog for Heaven’s Net is Wide. It ended the 29th, and the book has already been sent to the winner, who was. . .
Stacie from Canada
I don’t know if she has a blog or not, but a big congratulations!
In My Mailbox awesomeness is brought to you by Kristi at the Story Siren.
Books I Bought:
- Pretty Little Liars –Sara Shepard
- Looking for Alaska – John Green
- the Otherworldlies – Jennifer Ann Kogler
- Heaven’s Net is Wide – Lian Hearn
- Strawberry Fields – Marina Lewycka
- the Mercy Seller – Brenda Rickman Vantrease
Books I won:
- Beautiful Creatures – Kami Garcia – Margaret Stohl
- the Paper Bag Christmas – Kevin Alan Milne
- Seven: The Number for Happiness, Love, and Success – Jacqueline Leo and Edward Burger
- the Dresskeeper – Mary Naylus
- Nightworld: Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, and Spellbinder – L.J. Smith
Books I was gifted:
- Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things – Lafcadio Hearn (my brother and his girlfriend)
- In Ghostly Japan – Lafcadio Hearn (my brother and his girlfriend)
- Japanese Tales – Royall Tyler (my brother and his girlfriend)
- Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America – Firoozeh Dumas (my grandmother)
- Norwegian Wood – Haruki Murakami (my boyfriend’s aunt and uncle and cousin)
- Small Island – Andrea Levy (my sister)
- Kodansha’s furigana Japanese Dictionary (my dad and his wife)
- Insight Guides: Japan (my dad and his wife)
- The Kodansha Learner’s Dictionary (my dad and his wife)
- Lonely Planet Guide to Japan ((my dad and his wife)
- Remembering the Kanji I – J.W. Heisig (my dad and his wife)
- Vegan Fire and Spice – Robin Robertson (my aunt)
I also got this awesome picture book of Japan and a cool book on essential oils from my boyfriend’s parents. Ohhh yeah!
I’m so excited about all of the awesome books I got!!!! As you can see from the Beautiful Creatures picture, I also received some AWESOME bookmarks thanks to Alyssa, Gregory, and Jake over at Teens Read and Write. Mega thanks to them!
And that’s all for this week, folks! Looking forward to seeing what you all got!