Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Things I Love As Much as Books (13)

So, I think it's a given that I love to read. Don't we all?
The thing is, though, there are a TON of other things in my life that I love just as much as reading. Sure, most of these things aren't as constant as reading, but they count just as much in my life when I'm loving them.
SO, I decided to start this weekly feature in which I write a short post about something in my life that I am loving just as much as reading!

One of those things that I love is writing. I've never been a real writer, and writing classes have always been the bane of my existence. I am a TERRIBLE essay writer, and I would totally have had a 4.0 in college if it hadn't been for those pesky little essay writing classes (oh, and that one Complex Variables class).
And yet, I have a journal that I have always kept regularly (though I will admit that I have been super slacking over the last two years), and for the past two years in a row, I have participated in, and won, NaNoWriMo.

The first year was an actual book that I actually finished and that I will probably never let anybody read. The second year was more a series of short stories about my life. There is no real start and no real end, and I am sure I will also never let anyone read that.

This year, I wasn't planning on participating, as I am living in Japan to learn Japanese, and I really should be focusing on that. Not to mention the fact that I have to work as well. A lot. Today, though, when I got home at around 10 PM, I was overwhelmed with the desire to participate. And so I started, and I am now at 2,284 words. A little behind where I should be, I think, but progress nonetheless.

So I will be participating. I'll still be posting regularly in the blog, but I'm sorry if I'm around a little bit less in the blogosphere than usual.

What about you guys? Will you be NaNoWriMo participating this year?

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

My first time :D
I am Blodeuedd there

Simcha said...

Wow, that's great that you actually won NanoWriMo. When I first heard about it, last year, I got all excited about participating and I had all kind of story ideas but in the end I just couldn't make the time to sit and write. I guess I'll just have to wait until my kids are grown. Good luck on your NaNoWriMo book!

Cleverly Inked said...

Very cool, Seems you have your hands full.

My Contests

None for now!